Digitisation Estense Gallery in Modena
A LOCATION OF BEAUTY
The Estense Gallery was set up in 1854 by Francis V of Austria-Este and since 1894 it has been housed in its current location of Palazzo dei Musei. Here, four halls and sixteen rooms display the large artistic heritage accumulated by the Dukes of Este, starting during the years of their dominion of Ferrara.
The Gallery’s intention was to populate its Digital Library, in particular an important musical collection.
ABILITY AND LIGHTNESS
Mida provided various planetary scanners to protect the originals and guarantee the best digital reproduction. One of these scanners has two surfaces that slope at a 120° angle, to avoid having to force open certain bound volumes.